Saturday, July 12, 2008
I Never Thought This Day Would Come......
This is going to sound crazy but for once in my life I am truly HAPPY to go into work every day, and as a result am slowly turning into more of a morning person. There are no doubts, nerves, or "ugh I wish I could just stay in bed" feelings , NONE. Even though I've only been there two weeks now I truly LOVE my clinical pathology residency. I have been crazy busy trying to study all the topics I am going to have to start teaching in a couple weeks but I love every minute of it. And not only have I found something that I love, but I dare say something that I actually have true potential at being good at! In the past few weeks I correctly diagnosed (some were current cases others old cases that have since become teaching files ) things such as a melanoma from a dog's toe, an osteosarcoma (bone tumor) from a dog's shoulder blade, a squamous cell carcinoma in a horse's belly fluid (which is REALLY RARE - the tumor was actually in the horse's stomach but it seeded into the abdomen), a couple of mast cell tumors, and a few fungal infections. That is just some but I have so much fun doing it - it's like every slide is a mystery that I get to try and solve. I am fully aware that I probably sound like a total geek at the moment but I am so excited and happy about my residency. I know with 100% certainty that God has led my husband and I to the right place. Steve is doing phenomenally well in school and his job is going great as well, I am so proud of him :) Well back to a weekend of studying and then comes Monday that I actually look forward to now! Wow, God is good :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment