Thursday, March 01, 2007

Hopeful Change in a VERY Vain World...

Steve and I believe it or not are addicts of Tyra Banks' show America's Next Top Model. I have to say I am THRILLED that this year there are not one, but TWO plus-size models that have made it to the final 12! They are both just as if not more beautiful than the other girls (some of which are so bony and gross that they literally just need to sit down and EAT!) and I am hoping and praying with all my might that one of them wins in the end. It would be a nice addition to Dove's new line of advertizing that emphasizes that you don't have to be skinny to be beautiful, which is SO true! I have spent way too much time feeling bad about myself and my appearance and recently I have just said screw it! I will do my best to be healthy but life is too short to not enjoy that Starbucks caramel macchiato or Cold Stone ice cream. So yes I will eat well for the most part and do my best to try and exercise, but I will no longer let the media make me feel bad about myself. Hopefully other shows and companies will get on Dove's bandwagon and change the way the world views what is considered "beautiful" to something more realistic, and maybe one day Hell will freeze over and the media will emphasize that it is what is INSIDE a person that counts the most.
Maybe someday.....

No comments: