Saturday, August 12, 2006

Sleepy

What a busy week. I am so tired I just napped for over 2 hours! Thankfully this morning wasn't too bad at work. Hopefully the rest of the weekend goes ok with no catastrophes - this is my first time on weekend-duty all by myself which means no sleeping in for me :( I'm looking forward to having next weekend off. This is definitely one of the few negatives of working in the veterinary field - it is very common to have to work on weekends and have clinic responsibilities on holidays, hence NOT having a true holiday. I am stuck doing Thanksgiving which I am NOT looking forward to, and the clinic is actually open the Friday and Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend which really pisses me off. So much for Thanksgiving being a "holiday" anymore :( Maybe someday somewhere I'll find a clinic that is CLOSED on weekends and holidays, or maybe I'll just keep dreaming for the rest of my career....

On a more positive note I have been having success with a number of my cases and seem to be getting more and more comfortable seeing sick animals. Most of the time what my plan is is the same as the other docs, and when it isn't its fairly close (usually the difference involves choice of antibiotic which isn't a big deal - I'm learning more and more as I go which antibiotics work best in what instances). There are still a few cases that I have no idea what something is simply because I have never seen it before (example: I saw a dog with a histiocytoma and had no clue what it was, but Janet knew what it was and explained it to me, the next one I saw I knew what it was right away :) ). These cases sometimes make me feel really dumb, but I keep reminding myself I am a new grad and not expected to know everything (YET lol). Sue comes back early next week (YAY!!!) and I am sooo glad, I missed her - she's so great to work with :)

Steve and I are trying a new church tomorrow morning - Eagle Ridge Church of God. According to their website they are a more contemporary and progressive church. Hopefully we like it.

Tuesday will be fun. I LOVE Tuesday's because it is my day off! But this Tuesday is special b/c we're going to see Brian, Steve's cousin that lives in Oregon, and his son Brendan. They only come to visit a couple times a year so we don't get to see them often. We are meeting them and other family members for lunch, which should be fun.

Well thats all for now - hope to hear from you all soon!

No comments: