I have my sister-in-law Andrea to thank for reintroducing me to an old hobby of mine that I lost while in vet school - reading. A couple weekends ago when Andrea came to Midland to visit us and we were out-and-about she suggested going into the Barnes and Noble in the mall. Once in the store I was like a kid in a candy store - there were so many paperback fiction novels to choose from that looked interesting! In the last two weeks I have read 4 books in my spare time - two by my favorite author Nicholas Sparks - A Walk To Remember and Message in a Bottle; The Dogs of Babel by Carolyn Parkhurst, and Always a Bridesmaid by Whitney Lyles. I am currently reading the sequel of the latter, Here Comes the Bride. Novels waiting to be read are The Guardian (Nicholas Sparks again) and The Dive From Clausen's Pier by Ann Packer. I had forgotten how relaxing and enjoyable it is to curl up with a blanket and a good book. What a great way to relax on my lunch hour or before bed. It makes Steve happy too because it gives him time to play video games while I'm reading, and we can cuddle in the process :) I actually subscribed to the Barnes and Noble card today so I can get discounts whenever I buy books AND Starbucks coffee in the store! It will be worth it because there are still ~4 more Nicholas Sparks books I haven't read and hundreds of other books waiting to be discovered. If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know! I prefer fiction novels more than anything else.
On a different note, I have to say how much I LOVE MYSPACE! Not only does it help me keep in touch with good friends and remain updated on their lives, but I have reconnected with SO many good friends from OLM high school that I used to be close to and have since lost touch with. Its absolutely wonderful to hear from them and see what they have been up to!
Steve and I went minigolfing and bowling today which was a blast - we laughed a LOT! The rest of the day was spent bumming around on the couch, with me reading a book and him playing either World of Warcraft or Battle for MiddleEarth. I love when I have Saturday completely off to just relax :) Tomorrow is Hollie's wedding which I am really looking forward to. Bye for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment