Friday, April 10, 2009

Grams

For some reason, Easter is one of the holidays where I miss my Grandma Ballou the most. I always miss her, but for some reason it always hits me really hard at Easter time how much I miss her, and how much I would give to be able to see her and talk to her again. Maybe it's the fact that we would always take her out to breakfast on Easter, how much she loved this particular holiday, or how many churches seem to be decorated with hydrangeas, which was her favorite flower. Whatever the reason may be, I am reminded once again how much I miss her and how grateful I am to have had her as my Grams.
Grams, I am so lucky to have had you in my life. You were one of the sweetest and kindest people I have ever known, and you had more strength than I could ever have. Despite all of the hardships you dealt with in your life, I don't remember ever seeing you without a smile on your face. You loved and cherished every moment of life, and you always saw the good in everything. You were the eternal optimist, and I wish I could emulate you in that way, see the good in everything instead of thinking or worrying about the bad. I miss hearing your laugh. I love how you passed on your coffee addiction to me :)
You were the most considerate and least judgmental person I have ever known, and had more love in you than a hundred people put together. If I could be half the person that you were, I would consider myself lucky. I love you so much and think of you every day. I miss you more than you know. I know you will have a wonderful Easter in Heaven with Jesus and that brings me comfort. Love, Jenny.

No comments: