So after much research and discussion with vets and others I trust, I have finally made up my mind about exactly what I want to do with my life as a DVM! I have decided to apply for a residency in clinical pathology - through MSU or another vet school. I am really excited about this because after a lot of consideration and prayer, I know this is the right path for me. Hopefully I will be accepted to start next July, but if not I will try and find a job at a Cat Clinic until I can apply again.
Will I miss the hands on work with animals? Maybe a little. But there are SO many reasons why general practice, ESPECIALLY corporate (I work for an NVA hospital currently) is just NOT the job for me to be in for the rest of my career. I know for a fact that if I continued on my current road I would never be happy and would eventually reach a nervous breakdown or worse. Its funny going through my whole life with the focus and goal of doing a certain thing, and then once I get there realizing it is not the right place for me. But in a way I kind of knew that since specializing has kind of been tugging on my heart strings since clinics. I am very excited about my decision and am getting a lot of wonderful support from Steve, my parents, and friends. I knew I really enjoyed clin path in vet school but I never realized how much of a passion it really was until I was out in practice looking at blood smears, urinalysis, cytologies, etc. I would love spending all day doing such things and hopefully if this all works out I will!
Thank you everyone for your prayers and support. I feel like now that I have figured out what opportunities lie ahead of me I can really just sit back and BREATHE. The nice part is, I'll be able to do so on a cruise with a group of my dearest friends - only 1 day left of work and then its off to Miami and Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas - BONVOYAGE!!! :) :) :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment